Most men prefer to have a thick beard, because this gives their appearance a lot of masculinity and attractiveness, and for those who suffer from thin beard hair or even the absence of it; Beard transplantation is the ideal solution for them, as it is a surgical procedure that helps men achieve their dream of a perfect beard.
In this article, we will learn about the method of beard transplantation, and how the DHI technique can achieve amazing results in hair transplantation. We will also review when the results of beard transplantation appear, and some of the problems of chin transplantation after transplantation and how likely they are to occur, so stay tuned.
What is beard transplant?
Before we begin to explain the method of beard transplantation, we mention that beard transplantation is a process that includes transplanting facial hair in the beard or chin area in order to give the beard density and fill the gaps, where hair is taken from an area with dense hair called the donor area and transplanted in the place where it is desired to grow. Beard hair.
There are 3 main approaches a surgeon can take:
Hair transplantation by extraction (FUE)
This is done by extracting complete follicular units one by one from the donor area and implanting them in the chin area.
Hair transplantation using strip technique (FUT)
In this method, the surgeon cuts a small strip of tissue from the back of the head, removes hair follicles from that tissue, and transplants them to the facial area.
A follicular unit is a small group of several hair follicles that may emerge through the skin through the same exit point.
Direct hair transplantation (DHI)
It is one of the latest and best techniques in hair transplantation. It relies on the use of Choi pens to directly extract and transplant hair follicles, which maintains the strength and health of the follicles and reduces the duration of their stay outside the body.
This technique is considered effective for restoring hair growth with natural density in the beard area. It is characterized by a short recovery period, reduces bleeding and preserves the follicles better, and is the technique used by DHI Egypt.
Beard transplantation method using DHI technology
As we mentioned, this technique is the latest and best technology in hair transplantation and we rely on it at DHI Egypt Center. It must be noted that these steps are similar to the steps of regular hair transplantation and the method of beard transplantation is as follows:
- The doctor determines the beard line based on the client's suggestions and preferences.
- The donor area, which is often the back of the head or sides, is determined, and the appropriate follicles are selected.
- Hair is extracted from the donor area using a special device that allows hair to be removed individually without leaving any scars.
- The doctor prepares the recipient area for hair transplantation by creating very small holes to place the follicles.
- The follicles are transplanted into the recipient area using a special tool called a Choi pen.
- The doctor provides instructions for caring for the transplanted beard. These instructions may include avoiding direct contact with the beard and using prescribed products to promote new hair growth.
The client must adhere to the post-operative care instructions and attend the scheduled appointments to monitor the development of the transplanted hair growth.
When do the results of beard transplant appear?
After reviewing the method of beard transplantation, an important question is asked by the client, which is, “When will the results of beard transplantation appear?” We answer that after 8 or 9 months of the procedure, the results appear in the form of a full, healthy beard that you can treat as if it had been there all along.
In general, it is important for the client to realize that the stages of beard hair growth after transplantation and the results of transplantation may differ slightly from one person to another and depend on factors such as the quality of the transplanted hair and following post-transplantation advice.
Tips after beard transplant
After you know how to transplant a beard, here are some important tips that the doctor will give you in home care instructions in the first days after the operation, which include the following:
- On the first night after the operation, it is preferable to sleep on the back with the head raised at a 45-degree angle from the level of the rest of the body. This helps reduce bloating and improve blood flow.
- Avoid touching or tampering with the implanted areas to maintain their safety and avoid causing any damage.
- Use antibiotic ointment on the harvest area and transplant area to prevent infection.
- Eat a balanced diet. Pay attention to eating a diet rich in protein and vitamins A, E, C, D, B7, and B12. These nutrients play an important role in tissue repair and restoration after surgical procedures.
- Keep the recipient and donor area clean and sterile to avoid infection.
- Avoid strong movements in the first days after the operation, and avoid bending or pointing the head down, as this can negatively affect the operation and increase the risk of injury.
- Avoid washing your face for a few days after the procedure. If necessary, follow the instructions provided by your doctor regarding the appropriate washing method.
- You may feel itching in the implanted area, so you should avoid any other irritants that may increase irritation.
Are there problems with chin implants?
Like any surgical procedure, there may be side effects or problems, and some of the problems with chin implants after the operation include:
- Swelling and redness in the implant area, this is normal and temporary.
- Tightness and numbness in the transplanted area, which is temporary and usually disappears over time.
- Temporary crusts in the transplant area, this is normal and disappears gradually.
- Scarring is the area of harvest, but is often covered by normal hair growth. As for the FUE technique, it leaves small scars that often go unnoticed. As for the FUT technique, it leaves a long single scar at the back of the head.
If crusting, redness, swelling or irritation persists for a prolonged period after a few weeks, you should inform your doctor for advice.
It is worth noting that the beard transplant method using the DHI technique includes the least problems with chin transplantation and gives the best results.
In conclusion, if you want to have a thick, attractive beard, the DHI beard transplant method may be the ideal choice for you. Your doctor can determine whether a beard transplant is right for you.
Now you can book a consultation with the experienced hair transplant specialists at DHI. Embark on the journey of achieving the perfect beard and get ready to transform your look.